Daily Legal Notices:

Other Legal Notices:

District NO.12 Specail All-Mail Ballot

Latest News:


Search Results

NOTICE is hereby given that on January 14 and 25, 2019, Bernalillo County c/o Jeffrey H. Albright, Attorney for Bernalillo County, 2400 Broadway SE, Albuquerque, New Mexico 87102, and the City of Belen c/o Leona Vigil, City of Belen Manager, 100 South Main Street, Belen, New Mexico 87002, filed as co-applicants Application No. (SP-2847-M into RG-93445)-T, with the STATE ENGINEER for Permit to Temporarily Change Point of Diversion and Place of Use from Surface Water to Groundwater in the Rio Grande Underground Water Basin. Bernalillo County has a lease agreement with the City of Belen to release up to 16 acre-feet per annum (afa) of San Juan/Chama Project (SJ/CP) water under surface permit SP-2847-M, currently used to offset the depletions caused to the Rio Grande from the pumping of well RG-29901, located at the Los Padillas Aquatic Center. The applicants propose to temporarily use any excess SJ/CP water that is not used for offset at said Aquatic Center for payback from the over-diversion of water caused by the pumping of well RG-93445, located at the historic Hubbell House, for the irrigation of 2.51 acres of land described as part of Lot 1, Tract A of Hubbell Acres, MRGCD Map 53. The State Engineer's office will annually determine the excess water available for payback at the Hubbell House, which will not exceed the permitted lease of 16 afa. Said 16 afa of SJ/CP water is released under surface permit SP-2847-M (Contract No. 0-07-40-R1070) dated February 8, 1990, between the United States of America and the City of Belen. The Hubble House and well RG-93445 are located on land owned by Bernalillo County, on the west side of Isleta Boulevard between Don Felipe and Hubbell Circle, "South Valley", Albuquerque, Bernalillo County. The point of diversion for surface permit SP-2847-M is located on the Rio Chama (Heron Lake) at a point where X=347,493 meters and Y=4,059,153 meters, UTM 13N, NAD83, Tierra Amarilla Grant, on land owned by the U.S. Bureau of Reclamation, Rio Arriba County. The point of diversion at the Hubbell House is well RG-93445 is located at a point where X=345,222 meters and Y=3,873,348 meters, UTM 13N, NAD83, on Lot 8, Tract A of Hubbell Acres, MRGCD Map 53, Bernalillo County. The temporary change would begin from the date of the application's approval to 5 years hence forward. Upon termination or expiration of the desired permit, the subject water right will automatically revert back to the original purpose and place of use. Any person, firm or corporation or other entity having standing to file objections or protests shall do so in writing (objection must be legible, signed, and include the writer's complete name, phone number and mailing address). The objection to the approval of the application must be based on: (1) Detriment; if detriment, you must specifically identify your water rights; and/or (2) Public Welfare/Conservation of Water; if public welfare or conservation of water within the state of New Mexico, you must show how you will be substantially and specifically affected. The written protest must be filed, in triplicate, with the State Engineer, 5550 San Antonio Drive NE, Albuquerque, NM 87109-4127 within ten (10) days after the date of the last publication of this Notice. Facsimiles (faxes) will be accepted as a valid protest as long as the hard copy is hand-delivered or mailed and postmarked within 24-hours of the facsimile. Mailing postmark will be used to validate the 24-hour period. Protests can be faxed to the Office of the State Engineer, (505) 383-4030. If no valid protest or objection is filed, the State Engineer will evaluate the application in accordance with the provisions of Chapter 72 NMSA 1978. Journal: February 11, 18, 25, 2019 Left-red    Print Legal   Email-red   Published on: Mon February 11, 2019