Daily Legal Notices:

Other Negal Notices:

District NO.12 Specail All-Mail Ballot

Latest News:


Search Results

NOTICE is hereby given that on August 14, 2008, City of Rio Rancho ("City"), 3200 Civic Center Circle NE, Rio Rancho, New Mexico 87144, filed Application for Temporary Transfer RG-6745 et al into SD-06500-Amended-T for Permit to Change Point of Diversion and Place and Purpose of Use from Ground to Surface Water in the Rio Grande Underground Water Basin. Applicant proposes to transfer 6.741 acre-feet per annum (afa) consumptive use water rights from the City's permitted wells under RG-6745 et al., consisting of 35 existing and proposed system production wells, all located within the city metropolitan area in Sandoval County, for municipal and related use within the service area of the Rio Rancho municipal water system, to lands described as Tracts 42-A-2-B (1.58 acres) and 42-B-2 (1.63 acres), MRGCD Map 147, located within Section 1, Township 1 South, Range 1 West, NMPM, for the continued diversion of 9.63 afa on 3.21 acres of land owned by Pedro Silva and Carmen Silva, with consumptive use of 6.741 afa, from the Old San Acacio Acequia, with a point of diversion at the San Acacia Diversion (SP-1690-4) on the Rio Grande within the SW1/4 NE1/4 NE1/4 of Section 1, Township 1 South, Range 1 West, NMPM, also described as X=307,602.3 feet, Y=1,185,295 feet, NMCS Central Zone NAD 27 within the Sevilleta Grant. The land is generally located north of Polvadera, between the I-25 San Acacia exit and the Socorro Main Canal/Rio Grande in Socorro County, New Mexico. This application is a companion to SD-06500-Amended into RG-6745 et al., which was advertised previously between June 18 and July 3, 2008. The purpose of this application is to request that the water rights be retained at their move-from location for a period of ten (10) years upon approval of the transfer by the State Engineer, to include an additional five (5) year term or longer as the parties may agree, subject to approval by the State Engineer, by reason that water rights are not immediately needed for the exercise of permit RG-6745 et al. Any person or entity shall have standing to file an objection or protest if they object that the granting of the application will: (1) be detrimental to the objector's water right; or (2) be contrary to the conservation of water within the state or detrimental to the public welfare of the state, provided that they show how they will be substantially and specifically affected by the granting of the application. A valid objection or protest shall set forth the grounds for asserting standing and shall be legible and signed, and include the mailing address of the objector. An objection or protest must be filed with the State Engineer no later than 10 calendar days after the date of the last publication of this notice. An objection or protest may be mailed to the Office of the State Engineer, 121 Tijeras NE, Suite 2000, Albuquerque, NM 87102, or faxed to (505) 764-3892, provided that the original is hand-delivered or postmarked within 24 hours after transmission of the fax. The State Engineer will consider the application in the most appropriate and timely manner practical. Journal: December 19, 26, 2008, January 2, 2009 Left-red    Print Legal   Email-red   Published on: Fri January 02, 2009